Get Involved . . . Volunteer
If you would like to help out, donating your time and in-kind services can involve activities such as:
Budget & Finance Committee:
Devin Holum, 281-807-0679
- Preferred experience in non-profit corporations or privately held business. Serve as advisory to the Executive Committee and assist in the development of budgets. Review and advise all requests for educational and scholarship funds.
Newsletter & Website Committee:
Richard Thames (979) 278-3053,
Gene Bishop (512) 771-3322
- Looking for members with creative flair to assist in writing copy for mailings, newsletters, website, etc. Some experience in writing and willing to donate a couple of hours a month to a good cause. This could be a virtual volunteer position from home. Time commitment is very flexible.
- Publicize the Society by such means as advertisements or announcements in appropriate media, prepare and distribute documents describing the activities of the Society to appropriate individuals or professional organizations, etc. Help with recruitment of new members and retention of active members. Propose policies and procedures to the Executive Committee, which could be expected to enhance membership in the Society.
Activities and Events Committee:
- Activities include those events that require normal advance planning. Some examples include educational programs, field trips, result demonstrations, certification trainings, annual meetings and fund raising events.
Richard Thames (979) 278-3053
- Activities include meetings required to set up guidelines for scholarships, distribute applications and screen applicants. May need to attend local school scholarship awards ceremonies.
Jon Wellmann, Youth Liaison
For more information or to become a Washington County Wildlife Society volunteer, please email: email@example.com or contact the Extension Office at 979-277-6212.